WordPress for Beginners - Complete Video Training Guide
Everything you need to know about WordPress, how to set it up and get started quickly with your own website.
This video course is all about teaching you how to use WordPress, even if you've never touched a site builder before.
WordPress is the most popular CMS, that powers almost 25% of the websites worldwide.
The course consists of 16 easy-to-follow, step-by-step tutorials, delivered in video and text.
1. Instant Creation - Includes organizational tips & best practices for Usernames and passwords.
2. Manual Creation – Includes a more secure and faster installation method than described elsewhere & the 4 things required for proper manual installs.
3. Installation Cleanup - cleanup on aisle 5.., which files you can delete after installation for a more secure and streamlined WordPress site.
4. Basic Security - How to easily remove ID-1 from your database and why you should,
How To Remove All mentions of the WP version from the source code,
How to do a full backup of files & database
(copy & paste code included)
5. Dashboard Tour - A detailed walk-through of the Admin Dashboard of your WordPress site
6. Pages vs. Posts - Name three differences between WP Posts and Wp Pages – In this video I show you seven
7. Create Pages – How To Create a WordPress Page & a tour of the Page editor
How to add images to your page
How to set your page for AUTOMATIC future publication
8. Create Posts - How To Create a WordPress Post & a tour of the Post editor
How to add an image to a post
How to schedule AUTOMATIC future posts
9. Plugins - The safest place to get FREE WordPress plugins
How to install plugins inside & outside of your WordPress site
How many installed & activated plugins is too many – the answer might surprise you
10.Themes - The NEW theme customizer with live widget preview
The NEW add new theme screen
How to delete installed themes
How to customize installed themes
11.Widgets - How to add, move & remove widgets on your theme
12.Menus - How to add & edit your WordPress navigation menus
13.Basic SEO - Which is the most popular free SEO plugin? I install & activate it here
What is a permalink and how to change it
How to create a fully optimized post – including images
14.Prevent Server Crashing Brute Force Attacks - Preventing a site break-in by a brute force attack is one thing but preventing your server from crashing from a brute force attack is an entirely different problem. Not any more!
How to prevent server crashing brute force attacks with free & easy to use plugin
15.What Is WordPress - Here is a quick dive into what WordPress is, how it works and how you will benefit from it
16.WordPress.org vs WordPress.com - In case you didn't know, there is a difference between WordPress.org and WordPress.com and this video details those differences. If you want to make money from your website, then one of these is a No-No!
StartInstant WordPress Install (6:35)
StartManual WordPress Install (9:25)
StartHow To Clean Up The Installation (4:49)
StartWordPress Security (6:44)
StartWordPress Dashboard Tour (4:17)
PreviewPages and Posts (1:30)
StartCreate Pages (8:30)
StartCreate Posts (8:29)
StartWordPress Plugins (7:25)
StartWordPress Themes (5:53)
StartYour Website's Menus (6:01)
StartBasic SEO (10:50)
StartWordPress Bruteforce Prevention (8:04)
PreviewWordPress.org Vs WordPress.com (2:12)
StartTranscripts - Video Notes